Sunday, September 8, 2013

What's in YOUR freezer?

     Oh, hormones and craziness. I cleaned my freezer out just before 7am this morning. Because, I felt if I didn't something tragic would surely happen, I guess. The fridge in our apartment is just your average, ugly-tan, mid-90s variety. The freezer is small and obnoxious but hey it discourages the purchase of too much crap food, I guess (not really but I tell myself that).

     For everyone's sake (mostly mine) I only have after pictures. We'll pretend I forgot and that I'm not intentionally being coy with the innards of our fridge. hehe Anyway, it was uber nasty. Some black eyed peas had fallen out of the bag and stuck to the back wall. Something brown (ice cream or . . . coke?) had congealed in one spot on the bottom. Colorful pink and purple splatters from either popsicles or fruit were on the inside of the door. It looks better now. I threw out a lot, unfortunately: 2 cornish hens (oops, they were buried so I forgot), unopened package of boca burgers, a half bag of baby shrimp, a bag of lima beans, that bag of black eyed peas, and a bag of blueberries. Oh well.

  But have you ever seen those posts about the contents of people's refrigerators being totally indicative of their entire lifestyle and personality?

     Fascinating, right?  So what the heck. I have a blog. I do what I want. I'll post a picture of the freezer and the fridge even if it's gross, embarrassing, and pathetic. We'll pretend I "forgot" to take a picture of the inside of the actual fridge and didn't feel like going back. It's ok. We'll pretend this is just about the freezer! YAY!

 In the freezer door: 
  • small ice pack
  • two cans of OJ concentrate
  • box of popsicles
  • three boxes of butter
In the freezer:
  • bags of homemade waffles
  • chicken breasts
  • boneless leg of lamb
  • ground turkey
  • green beans
  • broccoli
  • sliced carrots
  • asparagus spears
  • kidney beans
  • black beans
  • raspberries
  • blueberries
  • strawberries
  • mango smoothie blend (mango, pineapple, strawberry)
  • mango
  • fresh local spinach! 
In the fridge door:
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • ketchup
  • mustard
  • mayo (the real stuff!)
  • raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette
  • ranch dressing
  • kikkoman soy sauce
  • sweet baby ray's
  • grape and strawberry jellies
  • sliced jalapenos
In the fridge: 
  • half a jar of salsa
  • 3 blocks of cheese (sharp cheddar and colby jack)
  • hot dogs
  • applesauce
  • pickles (vlasic, not claussen or homemade, sadly)
  • a little less than 3 dozen eggs
  • half gallon of almond milk
  • half gallon of dark chocolate almond milk (for me!)
  • partial gallon of skim milk
  • one orange vitamin water
  • one kombucha canned drink
  • two monster energy drinks (eww) 

     So this is the contents of mine (after cleaning and before a big grocery shopping trip). Don't think anything of it. We totally ate digiorno, hot pockets, and loads of icecream last week. Not sure why I'm saying that. Frankly, the total lack of bacon makes me very sad.

 What's in yours?!


No comments:

Post a Comment